Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Light Fantastic, by Terry Pratchett

The Sisters of Mercy, a band that I hold dear to my heart, did a tour a few years ago called "Trip the light fantastic". When I first discovered this book, I thought there might be a connection and for this reason alone I got interested. Well, not exactly for this reason alone: I read "Good Omens", which Pratchett co-wrote with Neil Gaiman, and enjoyed it a lot. In spite of these good motivations, I could bring myself to read past page 40 in this book. I tried and I tried, but for almost two weeks, every time I started on in I had the distinct feeling it was a waste of time. I know someone who will want to whack me in the head for saying this, but I felt there was not a whole lot to gain from this read. I put it down and I think I may just stay away from Discworld novels for good.

No comments: